Sunday, January 1, 2012

Embroidery Journal Project: January 2012

Happy New Year to all stitchers everywhere! I hope this year will be the best stitchy year yet. This year I am getting the Embroidery Journal Project going. The main purpose is to give you a chance to make your stitching more personal.

This post is the gathering place for anyone wishing to participate in the Embroidery Journal Project for January 2012. Everyone is welcome to join, and it doesn't matter if you complete your project in January or later. Just leave a note in the comments with a link to your project. I will collect links and post them on the main page for the Journal Project.

If this is your first time reading about this project, you can read up about the embroidery journal project here.

Thanks for participating! And those who are just checking things out, be sure to go to the links and see what people are doing! I'll post the link to my project here too when I have made it.

12 comments:

Katie said...

I am still on board for this project! Such a great idea and I love the freedom to just stitch.

JaneT said...

I want to participate, but don't know how or where to upload my project. Thank you.

Desi said...

I'm in; I definitely want to participate.
Thanks,
Desi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great project! I would like to join and hope to see some inspirational pieces. Where will they be posted? Happy New Year! Kathy
(I am choosing the Anonymous profile because I cannot figure out how the others work, but I don't want to BE anonymous. My name is Kathy.)

Glenda said...

Emily, would you consider setting up a Flickr pool for this embroidery journal project?

Aquamarinevixen said...

I am in... started working on my January project today, http://aquavixen.blogspot.com
Thanks for starting up this project its just what I was looking for to commit to getting more work done in 2012.

Connie said...

I have completed my first embroidery - and enjoyed doing it!
Blogged at http://konnykards-musingsofaseniorcitizen.blogspot.com/
Connie

Connie said...

Am I in the wrong place?
I am hoping to see other January embroideries!!! Connie.

Emily said...

Here is my entry:
http://theflossbox.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-2012-embroidery-journal-project.html

I am starting a flickr group for this today. I will leave the link on the main page for the journal project. It will be called Embroidery Journal Project, so you can search for that too. I will see where else I can get groups going.
Thanks for joining, everyone!!!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I have my design transferred to fabric now, and just need to embroider it. I'm doing 12" x 12" squares for the project so that they can be combined with other pieces of fabric to create a quilt at the end of the year. Hoping to have the embroidery done over the weekend.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Finished! Here's the post about what I stitched and the meaning behind the different elements in the design:

http://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2012/01/embroidery-journal-project-january.html

Anonymous said...

Here's my January embroidery, thank you for organising the project, it's very inspiring!

http://lacer.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/and-now-for-something-completely-different/